- Connect with yourself.
- Connect with a positive group.
- Connect with a close friend.
Here are some guidelines for developing each connection:
1. Connect with yourself by:
- Slowing down
- Soaking in contentment
2. Connect with a positive group which:
- Shares struggles with each other
- Listens and empathizes
- Doesn’t fix or sneak in advice
- Practices high warmth/low criticism
- Encourages supportive relationships
- Appreciates the unique talents and worth
3. Connect with a close friend who:
- Believes in you
- Gives encouragement, provides support,
- Shows acceptance of who you are, appreciates you
- Gives helpful criticism only when asked
- Reciprocates and shares experiences and feelings
- Empathizes and listens well